I-55 & Weber Road Interchange
The overall project involves adding a third lane to each direction of Weber Road between 135th Street/Romeo Road and 119th Street/Rodeo Road, with modernized traffic signals, new LED lighting, improved drainage and a barrier median. The entire project wraps up in early 2022.
Motorists can expect delays and should allow extra time for trips through this area. Drivers are urged to pay close attention to flaggers and signs in the work zones, obey the posted speed limits and be on the alert for workers and equipment.
In an effort to assist both businesses and residents through this project, useful information and contact info has been posted to the right.
PROJECT UPDATES AND DOCUMENTS:
I-55 & WEBER ROAD RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT TWO-WEEK OUTLOOK AS OF 8/18/21:
The completion date for the project is 1/10/2022.
Traffic switch to Phase 3 will occur approximately September 13th to allow construction in the median area. Ramp staging changes will take place and night and will be occurring in a couple of weeks.
- Pouring of concrete pavement and curb & gutter at fill-in areas south of Normantown Road, north of I-55 to Windham and at the southeast ramp.
- Installation of lighting foundations and conduit north of I-55.
- Grade for sidewalk north of Windham.
- Pave asphalt pavement and place aggregate shoulder at southwest ramp and northwest ramp.
- Concrete gutter and gutter installation along I-55.
- Pave driveways and pavement at Normantown east and west of Weber.
- Construct Remington Road intersection during detour.
- Form bridge deck over I-55.
OVERVIEW OF PROJECT
- Click here to view a PDF of the Weber Road south improvement.
- Click here to view a PDF of information relating to the Weber Road north improvement.
local business information:
For more information click here.
For more information on how you could help our businesses, click here.