Public Act Foreclosure NoticesPursuant to Public Act 96-856 notices of foreclosures and confirmation orders should be sent to the following address:
Village of Romeoville
Department of Community Development
Attn: Lisa Lynch
1050 W Romeo Road
Romeoville, IL 60446
For ResidentsThe downturn in the economy has impacted many people's ability to pay their mortgages. Fortunately, many resources are available for homeowners that are behind on payments or have received a foreclosure notice. The following options may help you if you face these situations:
- Call your lender to see if there may be an opportunity to adjust your payments to something you can better afford.
- Get in contact with the Attorney General’s Office or at the Homeowner’s Helpline 866-544-7151 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday. Visit here for helpful hints on avoiding home foreclosure "rescue scams."
- Locate a Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Certified Counseling Service.
- The Illinois Foreclosure Prevention Network is seeking to make it easier for homeowners to access and navigate the full range of assistance programs available to them to help prevent foreclosure. The network brings together the services and resources of various state agencies and qualified participating non-profit agencies to guide Illinois residents through the process of weighing your options that could help you stay in your home. These services are free. Visit Keep Your Home Illinois for more information.
Visit Making Home Affordable, which is the federal government's website that contains information about mortgage refinancing and modification programs. The site includes a self-assessment tool to help you determine if you will qualify for these programs, as well as information on how to find out if your loan is owned by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae. Beware of other similarly named websites - the above address is the official website for this program.
- Visit the Regional Home Ownership Preservation Initiative. The site provides key resources for foreclosure prevention, success stories of local efforts to forge solutions to the foreclosure problem, events, research, and data on the foreclosure crisis in the Chicagoland region.
- Visit Consumer Affairs Mortgage Lenders Guide. It includes features and types of companies, a mortgage calculator, and verified consumer reviews.