REMA (Emergency Management)
Romeoville Emergency Management Agency (REMA)The Romeoville Emergency Management Agency (REMA), is a volunteer organization tasked with the responsibility of providing emergency services in the event of a disaster in the Village of Romeoville. REMA has a dedicated group of Emergency Responders that provide a multitude of services to the citizens of the Village of Romeoville. Some of our capabilities are:
- Traffic control
- Severe weather spotting
- Operation of the village outdoor warning siren system
- Emergency lighting
- Search and rescue team
- Flood response and dewatering
- Special event details
- Public awareness and training
- Provide CERT team training to the public
- Emergency Operations Center operations
Our Mission StatementThe Emergency Responders of the Romeoville Emergency Management Agency shall provide the services necessary to assist at all disasters and large-scale emergencies involving the Village of Romeoville. They will ensure that these incidents are resolved with the utmost efficiency, professionalism, and regard for human life. They will ensure that all citizens of the community are treated with compassion and dignity at all times. They will be available before, during, and after a major incident to provide support and guidance to those in need.
Membership RequirementsRomeoville EMA Emergency Responders must be willing to devote a minimum of 5 hours per month to various activities including training, callouts, meetings and station work.
- View and download the Emergency Responder Application (PDF)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must complete an application.
- Must be a person of good moral character.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must live within ten miles of the Center of the Village. Preferably is a Village Resident.
- Must have a good driving record and possess a valid driver's license.
- Must complete an oral interview with the Officer Staff, Coordinator and receive a favorable recommendation.
- A membership may be denied at any time during the process for just cause.
- Once an individual has passed all requirements for placement on REMA, they will be placed on a two month probationary period. This period may be extended depending upon level of participation.
- If you are interested in joining please pick up an application at the Romeoville Emergency Management Agency or send an email stating your name, daytime phone number, and why you would like to join the agency.
Get a more in depth look at what REMA does in this three part series.