CAMP NOW EXTENDED TO AUGUST 21!
Fun in the Sun Day Camp
Summer day camp will be held at the Romeoville Recreation Department, located at 900 West Romeo Road, from June 22nd through August 7th from 9am to 4pm. No extended before or after care will be available. Children, ages 5-12, will enjoy daily arts and crafts as well as physically distant games and outdoor activities. It is the hope of the Village of Romeoville to restore some normalcy for our community and provide this essential service for both children and parents.
Essential Camper Eligibility
Thank you for considering the Fun in the Sun Day Camp for your child! We are excited to a create a fun and memorable experience this summer. Due to the circumstances revolving COVID-19, the Village of Romeoville Parks and Recreation Department will strictly adhere to guidelines set in place by the CDC and Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois plan to ensure the safety of participants and staff. We appreciate your understanding of the guidelines set in place and ask that parents refrain from registering if their child does not meet the current eligibility and understandings.
The weekly fee for summer day camp is $117 for residents and $176 for non-residents.
Registration will be limited in order to adhere to the guidelines put in place by the CDC and Phase Three of Governor JB Pritzker’s reopening plan.
Interested parents are urged to register their child right away to ensure their spot. Please call 815-886-6222 for more information or to register your child. Parents may also register their child on our website, www.romeoville.org/recreation.
Important Dates to Remember:
- June 4th – Registration Opens
- June 17th – Deadline to Register for Week 1 of Camp
- June 22nd – First Day of Camp
More details and information about safety protocols will be available online at the time of registration.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Campers must come to camp each day with a self-provided mask. Masks must be worn indoors and at drop off except when eating and drinking. Masks must be worn outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained/possible. Mask must properly cover nose and mouth at all times.
- Campers must be able to maintain personal space and keep a 6-foot distance from campers and staff to adhere to proper social distancing guidelines.
- Camper must be able to be fully independent in the bathroom including cleaning themselves up and changing their clothes pending an accident.
- Camper must be able to independently open food wrappers and containers.
- Camper must be able to independently apply sunscreen and bug spray.
- Camper must be able to follow proper hygiene such as frequent hand washing or sanitation, coughing/sneezing into a tissue or elbow, and avoid touching their face.
- Camper must be able to follow directions from camp staff.
Additional Considerations and Adjustments
- Campers must be screened by a staff member each morning at drop off and in the middle of the day.
- No weekly field trips.
- Water-based activities at this time are prohibited.
- Campers must remain in their assigned group. Groups will be fixed as possible throughout the summer including sibling and staff. Group rations will be 8 children to 2 staff.
- 30 feet of distance will be maintained through groups.
- Campers and staff will refrain from hand shaking, touching, or hugging.
- Personal belongings will remain with camper throughout the day; including lunches.
- Sunscreen/ Bug Spray
- Lunch and two snacks
- Reusable Water Bottle
Daily Camper Screening
- Screening will take place twice a day at drop off and in the middle of the day.
- Temperatures will be taken. Any temperature of 100.4F or above will not be permitted to remain onsite. (guideline established by the CDC.)
- Parents must answer the following questions each morning:
- Have you or anyone within your household had a positive COVID-19 test result?
- Have you or anyone within your household had close contact w/ others exhibiting symptoms or tested positive?
- Is your child experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of Breath
Romeoville Recreation Department Promises
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of equipment and the facility will take place throughout the day.
- Staff will be screened each day prior to attending work.
- Activities will be set up to allow for 6-feet of distancing between participants.
- There will be an emphasis on outdoor activities.
- Water fountains will be turned off but a touchless refillable fountain will be available.
- An isolation room has been determined. If a camper gets sick throughout the day, a staff member will wait with the child until they are picked up.
- Adding a pick up/drop off car line to minimize contact as possible.
All campers will be e-mailed additional information regarding drop off procedures and information regarding the latest developments pertaining to COVID-19 and Day Camps.