Fun in the Sun Day Camp
Summer day camp will be held at the Romeoville Recreation Department, located at 900 West Romeo Road, from June 7th through August 13th from 9am to 4pm. Children, ages 5-12, will enjoy daily arts and crafts as well as physically distant games and outdoor activities. It is the hope of the Village of Romeoville to restore some normalcy for our community and provide this essential service for both children and parents.
Essential Camper Eligibility
Thank you for considering the Fun in the Sun Day Camp for your child! We are excited to a create a fun and memorable experience this summer. Due to the circumstances revolving COVID-19, the Village of Romeoville Parks and Recreation Department will strictly adhere to guidelines set in place by the CDC and IDPH to ensure the safety of participants and staff. We appreciate your understanding of the guidelines set in place and ask that parents refrain from registering if their child does not meet the current eligibility and understandings.
EARLY BIRD FEE (must register by May 28): $110R / $165NR
Regular registration fee: $117R / $176NR.
Registration will be limited in order to adhere to the guidelines put in place by the CDC and IDPH.
Interested parents are urged to register their child right away to ensure their spot. Please call 815-886-6222 for more information or to register your child. Parents may also register their child on our website, www.romeoville.org/recreation.
Important Dates to Remember:
- April 5th – Registration Opens
- June 3rd – Deadline to Register for Week 1 of Camp
- June 7th – First Day of Camp
General Eligibility Requirements
- Campers must come to camp each day with a self-provided mask. Masks must be worn indoors and at drop off except when eating and drinking. Masks must be worn outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained/possible. Mask must properly cover nose and mouth at all times.
- Campers must be able to maintain personal space and keep a 6-foot distance from campers and staff to adhere to proper social distancing guidelines.
- Camper must be able to be fully independent in the bathroom including cleaning themselves up and changing their clothes pending an accident.
- Camper must be able to independently open food wrappers and containers.
- Camper must be able to independently apply sunscreen and bug spray, unless provided with a spray option.
- Camper must be able to follow proper hygiene such as frequent hand washing or sanitation, coughing/sneezing into a tissue or elbow, and avoid touching their face.
- Camper must be able to follow directions from camp staff.
Additional Considerations and Adjustments
- Campers must be screened by a staff member each morning at drop off and in the middle of the day.
- Field trips are not currently available due to current IDPH guidelines. If field trips become permissible additional fees may apply.
- Campers must remain in their assigned group. Groups will be fixed as possible throughout the summer including sibling and staff. Guidelines currently allow up to 30 campers per group.
- 30 feet of distance will be maintained through groups.
- Campers and staff will refrain from hand shaking, touching, or hugging.
- Personal belongings will remain with camper throughout the day; including lunches.
- Sunscreen/ Bug Spray
- Lunch and two snacks
- Reusable Water Bottle
Daily Camper Screening
- Screening will take place twice a day at drop off and in the middle of the day.
- Temperatures will be taken. Any temperature of 100.4F or above will not be permitted to remain onsite. (guideline established by the CDC.)
- Parents must answer the following questions each morning:
- Have you or anyone within your household had a positive COVID-19 test result?
- Have you or anyone within your household had close contact w/ others exhibiting symptoms or tested positive?
- Is your child experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of Breath
Romeoville Recreation Department Promises
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of equipment and the facility will take place throughout the day.
- Staff will be screened each day prior to attending work.
- Activities will be set up to allow for 6-feet of distancing between participants.
- There will be an emphasis on outdoor activities.
- Water fountains will be turned off but a touchless refillable fountain will be available.
- An isolation room has been determined. If a camper gets sick throughout the day, a staff member will wait with the child until they are picked up.
- Adding a pick up/drop off car line to minimize contact as possible.
All campers will be e-mailed additional information regarding drop off procedures and information regarding the latest developments pertaining to COVID-19 and Day Camps.