I-55 & Weber Road Interchange
Work continues to progress on the new widened Weber Road. The prime contractor, RW Dunteman, is proceeding with the road bed preparation for the temporary concrete pavement from Grand Boulevard to Normantown Road and the permanent concrete pavement from Grand Boulevard to south of 135th Street. The concrete paving is anticipated to start the week after Memorial Day for the temporary pavement from Grand Boulevard to Normantown Road. The permanent concrete pavement from Grand Boulevard to south of 135th Street will proceed upon completion of the temporary pavement. Concrete deliveries for the pavement will require additional trucking and short term flagging operations. Motorists should anticipate heavy traffic along with short periods of stopped traffic to allow trucks to enter and exit the work zone. Motorists are urged to use caution and be patient.
Multiple paving days will be required as weather allows throughout June. In addition to paving other work activities will continue also. A shift in the traffic pattern onto the temporary pavement from Grand Boulevard to Normantown Road is anticipated mid-June. An update will be released when the stage change is scheduled.
The goal of this project is to ease congestion by adding additional lanes of traffic on Weber Road from 135th Street to 119th Street and rebuilding the I-55 Interchange.
In an effort to assist both businesses and residents through this project, useful information and contact info has been posted below.
PROJECT UPDATES AND DOCUMENTS:
I-55 & WEBER ROAD RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT TWO-WEEK OUTLOOK AS OF 4/14/20:
The completion date for the project is 1/10/2022; the original completion date was 8/06/21.
- Storm sewer work continuing north of interchange.
- Ground improvement work at slough area being performed in conjunction with south contract work.
- Shoring being installed at Normantown Road culvert and then temporary pavement to be installed.
- Pavement removal at ramps and side streets.
- Placement of subbase for temporary pavement at SB I-55 exit ramp.
- Pavement removal at N. Carillon and on 135th.
- Continuation of storm sewer installation- mainline and laterals.
- Stone base installation at slough.
(NOTE: Once the ground improvement work and temporary pavement is completed in the slough area, that area can be placed into Stage 1 traffic staging, which the north section and the remainder of the south section are already in; the southbound Weber Road lanes are reconstructed in Stage 1.)
OVERVIEW OF PROJECT
- Click here to view a PDF of the Weber Road south improvement.
- Click here to view a PDF of information relating to the Weber Road north improvement.
local business information:
For more information click here.
For more information on how you could help our businesses, click here.